Dot

Baker, John JBaker at STRADLEY.COM
Tue Jul 31 16:39:58 UTC 2001

        How's this:  >>The "and" operator is often represented by a centered

        From Glossary of Computer Engineering and Programming Terminology
(Partial list from BRL Report 1115, March 1961), online at

http://ftp.arl.army.mil/~mike/comphist/61ordnance/app8.html

        Actually, I feel sure that "dot" has been used in computer contexts
as long as there have been dots to refer to.  The trisyllabic "period" is
just too long and awkward.

John Baker