linguistic degeneration (again)

Duane Campbell dcamp911 at JUNO.COM
Tue Jun 5 22:23:19 UTC 2001

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001 15:49:55 -0500 Herb Stahlke <hstahlke at GW.BSU.EDU>
writes:
> Ron's obviously right on the matter of linguistic degeneration.
> However, strong, pointed words do lose their point by overuse.

When I first saw the post I was immediately reminded of a book I haven't
thought of in decades, a piece of popular (in some circles) pornography
called _Candy_. In one scene the title character's father walks in and
finds her coupling with the gardener. He sputters, "You ... you ... You
Communist!"