Newspaper columnist neologisms

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Fri Jun 8 12:31:13 UTC 2001

   From the NEW YORK OBSERVER, 11 June 2001, pg. 23, col. 3 (book review of THE COLUMNIST by Jeffrey Frank):

   Mr. Frank includes enough detail to show he knows this world cold.  There is, for instance, Sladder's bizarre belief, almost universal among Washington writers, that the measure of one's importance is how many neologisms one can coin ("Gretchen, to my regret, did not...notice when I called for a 'cathartic consensus' and introduced that phrase to the language")...