hand trucks vs dollies

sagehen sagehen at WESTELCOM.COM
Tue Jun 19 19:02:19 UTC 2001

By a curious coincidence we received -- out of the blue -- a catalog in the
mail today of equipment for material handling.  If it may be taken as a
trustworthy source, a two-wheeled, upright, handled carrier is a hand
truck; a flat, four-wheeled  carrier with no handle is a dolly,  a dolly
with a handle may be either a hand truck, a platform truck or a trolley or
even a wagon. There is a convertible item available which can take the
shape of a two-wheeled, fourwheeled, or platform truck or a dolly.
(Reminds me of a comic short story by Max Adeler: "A very Dangerous
Invention.")  There are variously modified trucks which all (except the
"hand trucks") have four wheels.
A. Murie