Simon Doonan's "Fashiphanies"

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Jun 23 16:44:50 UTC 2001

   From the NEW YORK OBSERVER, 25 June 2001, pg. 25, col. 1, "Simon Says" by Simon Doonan:

   I can't sleep.  I can't think.  I'm barely coherent.  But I'm not depressed.  _Au contraire_!  In fact, I'm having a euphoric, transcendental fashion moment.  These fashion epiphanies--or _fashiphanies_--don't happen very often.  Only once in a blue moon does one encounter that mind-blowing persona and-or garment, the stratospherically high style-quotient of which renders obsolete everything else on the fashion landscape.

(Simon Doonan's out-of-print hardcover, CONFESSIONS OF A WINDOW DRESSER, is coming out in paperback on August 2nd, according to Amazon.  The book has a glossary of terms--ed.)