Low-Cut Pants; Drop Dead; Legalized Murder; Slurb; Wonder Stocks

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at AOL.COM
Mon Mar 5 11:23:50 UTC 2001

In a message dated 03/05/2001 5:27:04 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Bapopik at AOL.COM writes:

> (Any consistent name?  Low-cut pants?  Low-slung cowboys pants?  Hip-rider
> pants?  Low-downers?--ed.)

FWIW I remember that in the 1966-67 school year it was fashionable for coeds
to wear "hip-huggers".

>     From the NEW YORK HERALD TRIBUNE, 15 March 1962, pg. 32, col. 5:
>
>  _SEC Target: "Gun Jumping" Publicity_

Wouldn't the phrase "jumping the gun" go back almost as far as the custom of
starting foot-races by firing a pistol?

                          - Jim Landau