"hole punch" (semi-followup on "chad")

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Tue Mar 6 17:05:14 UTC 2001

Have any of you "chad" scholars found an example of "hole punch"
(meaning either 'device used to punch holes in paper' or 'small
piece of paper created by such a device') before 1967? The
ADS-L discussion of "chad" has a lot of stuff about punching
holes, but I'm looking for this collocation itself.


Jesse Sheidlower

More information about the Ads-l mailing list