Linguistician -- Sic transit gloria mundi

Peter A. McGraw pmcgraw at LINFIELD.EDU
Wed Mar 7 16:58:30 UTC 2001

Yes!!!

Thanks as always, Mike, for a pearl of wisdom.  The only bull's eye here is
the one you hit with your observation about "stereoscopic vision."

Peter Mc.

--On Wednesday, March 7, 2001 6:00 AM -0600 Mike Salovesh
<t20mxs1 at CORN.CSO.NIU.EDU> wrote:

> Knowing two languages, even if they are closely
> related to each other, provides the advantages of stereoscopic vision.
> It gives depth to a detailed analysis of either one.
>
> All of which puts me in the center of a target for the rest of you to
> shoot at.

                               Peter A. McGraw
                   Linfield College   *   McMinnville, OR
                            pmcgraw at linfield.edu