FAG one last time

Fri Mar 9 08:16:44 UTC 2001

This thread has been very interesting, but I'm really confused. Is it your
contention, Ron, that

1. Gay people do not use fag with a positive sense and that black people do
not use nigger in a positive sense, or

2. These words are used as in 1, but simply not in a sense to be associated
with pride.

I have an Asian friend who considers nigger to be so common as a general
greeting, that he even uses it to non-blacks, though he uses it sparingly.
I've seen male gays also use fag and male blacks use nigger/nig in greetings
where the connotation clearly wasn't negative.

This may have been on an earlier thread, but I've heard the expression,
"He's my nigger" used in a friendly way to imply what I took as meaning a
good friend.

Benjamin Barrett