Dirty words from the Civil War

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at AOL.COM
Fri Mar 23 19:26:07 UTC 2001

In a message dated 3/22/01 2:35:59 PM Eastern Standard Time, gt1 at NYU.EDU
writes:

<< [a gang rape]  Tom Michael held the light and she received about 60 big
 schlorgers one after another.  (p. 39, from a letter written by a
 soldier in a Pennsylvania regiment.)

 One [girl] had been too near a trouser serpent and got bit.  [i. e.,
 pregnant]  (p. 34) >>

In a message dated 3/23/01 2:37:45 AM Eastern Standard Time, douglas at NB.NET