The Accidental President

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Mar 24 15:00:12 UTC 2001

   "The Accident President" has been used for George W. Bush, as well as the president of Mexico.  THere was, of course, the Anne Tyler novel (later a movie) THE ACCIDENTAL TOURIST.
   Gin up those search engines.

MISC.:
   I'll be back at about midnight on Saturday (today)...It's interesting that writers from the Pitssburgh Post-Gazette and the Baltimore Sun both asked questions here.  I'd written letters to both publications in the past year, with zero results.  The PPG got my work wrong twice...I've found lots of "pink slips" in the 1920s.  I guess they were pink..."Smashmouth" is in the Sunday NY Times.  This Safire comment ban is killing me.