query: extra IS

Tue May 8 19:39:34 UTC 2001

As it happens, I presented a paper on this kind of thing at ADS a couple
years ago, and the paper will be submitted for publication
"shortly."  References are numerous (including a piece by Hamp, and one by
you, as I recall), and yes, written attestations, though few, have been
found.  I can send you the draft, if you like; in fact, I'd appreciate your
comments on it.