strong like bull

Mark A. Mandel Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM
Tue May 15 22:52:18 UTC 2001

Another correspondent writes:

I've been tasked with tracking down the
original source of the now-ubiquitous pop culture reference, "Strong like
bull," spoken with a thick Russian accent.  I find references to it
everywhere, but I don't yet find an origin.  Any ideas?  I didn't even
know it existed until a few minutes ago, but it really is everywhere,
usually with an implied "Smart like tractor" in the intent.
<<<<<

It sounds like Boris Badenov to me, but that's probably not it.

   Mark A. Mandel : Dragon Systems, a Lernout & Hauspie company
          Mark_Mandel at dragonsys.com : Senior Linguist
 320 Nevada St., Newton, MA 02460, USA : http://www.dragonsys.com
       Personal home page: http://world.std.com/~mam/