Ice Cream

Donald M. Lance LanceDM at MISSOURI.EDU
Thu Nov 1 04:12:32 UTC 2001

'Ice cream' is a (two-word) compound noun, whereas 'police' and 'insurance' aren't.
lighthouse, housekeeper, lighthouse keeper, light house-keeper.
We're not consistent in when we run together these two-word compounds in writing.
I'm surprised no one before Don Billionbridges pointed out this fact today.
DMLance