Hermione

Wed Nov 21 13:01:06 UTC 2001

Indeed we have, and, although I am paraphrasing, one of our official
blurbs notes that we are concerned with varieties of American English
and languages and dialects influencing it or influenced by it. An
even more recent decision, regarding our editorial policy, suggests
that we are also concerned with general, theoretical concerns of
dialect and language variation.

If BritEng is not one of the varieties "influencing and influenced
by" AmerEng I'll eat my toboggan.

dInIs (who now knows, having lived in MI for almost 20 years, that
that also is stuff to wear, not only to slide down hills on after the
year turns ugly)