amber/yellow lights

Mark.Mandel at LHSL.COM Mark.Mandel at LHSL.COM
Thu Nov 29 17:40:53 UTC 2001

Phil Cleary writes:

I just asked my son, who got his license a month ago. He said, "Most people
call it 'yellow,' but the book [the Mass. RMV driver's manual] calls it
'amber.'"
<<<<<

That matches with my sense (also Massachusetts: I live in Framingham, about
30min west of Boston). Everybody calls it "yellow", but officially it's
"amber". Kind of like the Feds' being the only people in America who spell
"mari<j>uana" with an 'h'.

                  Mark A. Mandel : Senior Linguist
 Dragon Systems, a Lernout & Hauspie company : speech recognition
 320 Nevada St., Newton, MA 02460, USA : http://www.dragonsys.com