"Beeper Code" Marketing

Bob Haas highbob at MINDSPRING.COM
Thu Oct 4 19:27:40 UTC 2001

Gareth,

I'm not sure of the hook here myself; I'm guessing that it's based on the
shortcut language that persons can use in text messages on their cell
phones.  And I'm doubly sure that I cannot see the commercial application
here.  But business is like a lot of other concerns ‹ you don't always hit a
home run when at bat, but you keep on swinging.  Who knows?  You take
something the slightest bit enigmatic and put it on a tee-shirt, you could
make a million . . . or more!

BTW, I think the codes are kinda cool, but also kinda creepy.  Some kinda
future tense number talk from THX 1138 or the like.

bob

--

Bob Haas
Department of English

    "I realise that patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or
bitterness towards anyone."  Edith Cavell (1865-1915)