Virus Warning

Mark Mandel Mark_Mandel at DRAGONSYS.COM
Fri Oct 5 17:09:22 UTC 2001

Bev tells us:

This virus came in through my Eudora system, as a "spool" (whatever that
means), and before I even opened my mail.  Neither Norton nor McAfee could
kill it, but I was told if I deleted it I might lose my entire Inbox or
worse.  Finally a student-geek copied just the spool file onto a small disk
(in case I want to investigate its contents) and then deleted it from the
hard drive.  I'll just throw the disk away.
<<<<<

And Jesse reports:

I got a message from the list server that the virus had been
intercepted and destroyed without being passed on to the list.
Apparently this was not the case. I apologize for not having
warned people about this attachment, and hope that no one was
adversely affected.
<<<<<

Is there any further opposition to blocking attachments and huge files from the list?!
PRACTICE SAFE HEX!!

                  Mark A. Mandel : Senior Linguist
 Dragon Systems, a Lernout & Hauspie company : speech recognition
 320 Nevada St., Newton, MA 02460, USA : http://www.dragonsys.com