Changes to ADS-L protocols

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Fri Oct 5 19:46:25 UTC 2001

Terry and I have agreed to make some changes to the way messages may be
posted to the ADS-L list. We have changed three notable settings:

1. No non-text attachments may be sent to the list. Any message that
contains such an attachment will be rejected by the list server and
bounced back to the sender. Text attachments will not be affected.

2. All messages have a size limit of 500 lines (including all headers).
This is considerably more than we expect any message to be.

3. Any HTML attachments will be stripped from messages. This will not
affect the use of HTML tags in the body of text messages, it just
removes the duplicate HTML version of messages that are sometimes sent
to accompany plain-text messages. You are encouraged not to send HTML
e-mail in any case.

If there are any questions about these setttings, or if they prove to be
burdensome either for a particular purpose (e.g. someone wants to send
a sound file to the list, or wants to post a very long message) or in
general (e.g. someone wants to do this all the time), please let me or
Terry know and we will discuss it.

These changes are in effect right now.

Thank you.

Jesse Sheidlower