Query: 1913 "plug cut"

Paul M. Johnson paulzjoh at MTNHOME.COM
Fri Oct 12 10:02:15 UTC 2001

Plug cut refers to chewing tobacco,basically the leaves were pressed
into a solid "plug" When I was a child there actually was a brand called
"Nigger Head",I think they had a name change somewhere in the fifties.
Another popular brand was "Bull of the Woods" But all major brands made
plug cut chewing tobacco.  Although snuff has taken most of that market,
I'm sure you can still buy "plug cut"