Neology resources needed

Victoria Neufeldt vneufeldt at MERRIAM-WEBSTER.COM
Sat Oct 13 17:27:51 UTC 2001

Volume 16 (1995) of _Dictionaries_, the journal of the Dictionary Society of
North America, is largely devoted to neology.  The "Neology Forum" comprises
10 articles on various aspects of neology.  (One of the articles is mine,
and I included the priceless quote from Thomas Hardy, which Bill Chisholm,
who was the journal editor at that time, had told me about.)  John Algeo's
_Fifty Years Among the New Words_, which chronicles the "Among the New
Words" columns in _American Speech_, is also an excellent source of info.
And there must be useful individual articles in other issues of
_Dictionaries_, as well as in _American Speech_ itself.  (I haven't
checked.)

Victoria

Victoria Neufeldt
1533 Early Drive