"Degradated"???

Alice Faber faber at HASKINS.YALE.EDU
Sun Oct 14 15:59:57 UTC 2001

Jimmy Mullan said:
>I just heard some Major-General, briefing from the Pentagon, and on CNN,
>use the word:
>"Degradated", in reference to bomb damage in Afghanistan.
>This is new on me, I wonder is it also new on List Members, or did the good
>Major-General "misspeak" and mean to say "degraded"?

Well, him and the oil burner repair man who, earlier this week, told me
that if I turned the burner off when I'm going to be away (the burner also
gives me my hot water) for any length of time, water vapor would
"condensate" and damage the pipes.

--
Alice Faber                                       tel. (203) 865-6163
Haskins Laboratories                              fax  (203) 865-8963
270 Crown St                                   faber at haskins.yale.edu
New Haven, CT 06511                               afaber at wesleyan.edu