Greetings from Lincoln Center

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Oct 29 23:47:43 UTC 2001

   Greetings from the NYPL Library of Performing Arts at Lincoln Center.  Today is opening day; I walked over after 5:45 p.m. when the other library closed...See the article on the place in today's NY Times...The web address is still www.nypl.org.
   First impressions--I liked it the way it was!  Yeah, there are a few more computer terminals, but there seems to be a lot less space for readers.  You have to register every day.  The electronic call number system isn't working.  There are longer delays in getting material.  The place just seems a lot darker (black computers and chairs and all) and less friendly.
   Sorry I didn't post stuff yesterday.  The Yankees got me down...On Wednesday, a short trip to Poughkeepsie for Vassar fudge...HEY, WHERE ARE MY LIBRARY MATERIALS??