lame denials (clarification)

sagehen sagehen at WESTELCOM.COM
Sat Sep 15 20:23:54 UTC 2001

 I see from Grant Barrett's post  that I need to proofread better.  I
certainly DIDN'T mean "these just opinions."  Falwell's disingenuous
retraction is ridiculous. He's saying, in effect, he doesn't really mean
it, it's just part of his doctrine. I'm happy to say I would qualify for
most of his opprobrium, but feel neither more nor less responsible than any
other citizen of this privileged country for Tuesday's horror.

 ><sagehen at WESTELCOM.COM> wrote:
 >> A friend wrote me that NYT & WP were reporting that Jerry Falwell & Pat
 >> Robertson had concurred in these just  these opinions on the latter's "700
 >> Club" (radio? or tv?) but I didn't hear that either had issued denials,
 >> lame or otherwise!

 >...Falwell said...... "I really believe that the pagans,
>and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who
>are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People
>for the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize American, I
>point the finger in their face and say, 'You helped this happen.'"

A. Murie