lame denials

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Sep 17 15:54:33 UTC 2001

At 10:21 PM -0400 9/17/01, Jeffrey William McKeough wrote:
>Laurence Horn wrote:
>>
>>I'm not sure how you can define "religious believers" so as to
>>exclude fanatics, whether we're talking about the Jewish guys who
>>shot up a Palestinian mosque
>
>If you're referring to the 1994 shooting, it was a single person,
>Baruch Goldstein, and it was the Tomb of the Patriarchs, not a mosque.

Yes, I was, and I realized my mistake in using the plural after
sending the message (although I had misremembered the site as having
been a mosque).  I'd intended to include the incident at the tunnel
as well, but then edited it out.  The point on religious fanaticism,
of course, is not affected (whether or not you agree with it).

Larry