Off the subject, but anyone have the time to read and sign this?

Tue Sep 18 18:12:42 UTC 2001

On 9/18/01 14:03, "Robert Hartwell Fiske" <Vocabula at AOL.COM> wrote:

> Please read this -- then maybe you'll be interested in signing the petition
> below.

No, I am not. I do not sign such petitions in email, certainly not in a
name-after-name list form, and particularly when they follow an article that
has been, by now, circulated to every corner of the Internet. These sorts of
mass actions are counter-productive. They give one the feeling of having
acted, when in fact no action has been taken. We would be better served
sending invidually written messages to the postal address of the president,
our senators, our governors and our congressmen, rather than to an email box
which receives tens of thousands of messages a day. Even better would be
letters to hometown newspapers, letters which might try to persuade our
fellow citizens.

--

Grant Barrett
gbarrett at worldnewyork.org