ADS visibility & madman

Steve Hicks Hixmaddog at AOL.COM
Wed Sep 26 23:17:17 UTC 2001

>>I have an undergrad this quarter who insists that "Noah Webster's
>>Dictionary" is the bible of pronunciation and usage.  Ugh!  (He doesn't
>>know the difference between Noah's and the modern Websters, of course.)

Probably not even marginally apropos to "ADS visibility and madman:"

       Sockless Jerry Simpson, Kansas Congressman in the late 19th
Century, in an impassioned tribute to the great Daniel Webster, asked,
"And who among us can forget his monumental Dictionary ?"  When a
colleague whispered to him, "NOAH wrote the dictionary." Simpson
hissed sotto voce, "Noah built the ark, you idiot."

 Steve Hicks

 Hicks Information