ADS visibility

Victoria Neufeldt vneufeldt at MERRIAM-WEBSTER.COM
Wed Sep 26 23:37:41 UTC 2001

A surprising number of people think old Noah's still alive and that he wrote
all the dictionaries (well, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration . . .)
Then Noah also gets mixed up in people's minds with Daniel.

But how can we expect people to know about dictionaries when virtually
nothing is taught about them in most schools.

I wonder if this student of Beverly's owns (or has seen) the reprint of
Webster's 1828 dictionary that is published by a religious organization as
the only true dictionary or something like that, because of Webster's
definitions of terms like 'morality' and 'democracy', etc.  I picked up a
brochure somewhere (can't find it now).  It actually seems to be a rather
good deal for anyone looking for this dictionary since, as I understand it,
it is simply a straight reprint that costs under $30 (I think!)

Victoria

Victoria Neufeldt
1533 Early Drive
Saskatoon, Sask.