"yo" (a slightly different example)

Douglas Bigham TlhovwI at AOL.COM
Fri Sep 28 16:40:27 UTC 2001

"The yard needs mowed yo, G"

I could Never say that nor have I ever heard it.

I'm not even sure "G" would work without the "yo".  If I wanted to say "G" it would have to go something like:

"Mow the yard, G."

I think perhaps (bear with me...) "G" is the specific and "yo" is the general.  That might be why it sounds so odd to make a general statement with the specific pronoun (??).

As always, nothing but IMHO. (but beaming Sally Field style because you really liked my example)

-dsb
Douglas S. Bigham
Southern Illinois University - Carbondale