Acronym-etymologies > SPAM name origin > spam-ku

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Apr 1 22:29:07 UTC 2002

It should be noted that the electronic spam is directly borrowed from
the Hormel meat food product by way of a celebrated Monty Python ode
to spam.  No acronym is involved in the electronic version, and any
attempt to reconstruct it as S...P...Advertising Message is an
instance of etymythology in action.

larry