stunod

Ed Keer edkeer at YAHOO.COM
Fri Apr 12 12:45:50 UTC 2002

My mother in-law (second generation Sicilian raised in
Brooklyn) uses it to mean "crazy" or "senile". Usually
she uses it to talk about when she becomes old and
stunod, what we need to do (basically take care of her
and don't put her in a home). When I lived in Philly
about ten years ago, I heard it used to mean "stupid"
or "crazy" without the sense of old age.

Ed