popo?

Benjamin Fortson fortson at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Tue Apr 16 13:37:03 UTC 2002

> <<Großformatig lockt das Weib. An sich zeigt Elke uns ihre Frontansicht.
> Aber dabei bleibt es nicht. Denn mit dem Klick kommt der Kick. Kaum wird
> einem die Kehrtwende gewahr, da zeigt sie ihren Popo bar.>>
>
> So Elke shows her front side and then her popo ... I suppose the "bar"
> might could mean "bare" (like in "barfuß"), but is this normal German? Or
> is this a double-entendre or pun or whatever? Maybe somebody who is
> familiar with German can tell me/us.

It must mean what you think (i.e. bar = 'bare, naked'). If it were a
"butt-bar" (whatever that might be) it would have to be "ihre (fem.!)
Popobar" or "Popo-Bar". That sounds weird in any language, though...
So "bar" is an adverbial secondary predication in "da zeigt sie ihren Popo
bar".

Ben