loo

FRITZ JUENGLING juengling_fritz at SALKEIZ.K12.OR.US
Wed Apr 17 18:47:42 UTC 2002

> > Does anybody know the origin of the name "Waterloo"?  The village of
> > Waterloo appears to be in a French-speaking area of Belgium,

I do not know the origin of the name Waterloo, but the Dutch linguistic border has been receding for some time.  There was (or still may be) until recently, a small corner of France that was Dutch speaking.  It is quite possible, even probable, that Waterloo was in the Dutch speaking area when it was named.
Fritz