Query: English in 1790 Virginia

Fri Apr 19 19:05:02 UTC 2002

Please reply to the original sender, not just to the list.

From: "Patton, Margaret" <Margaret.Patton at pentamark.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 14:56:36 -0400
Subject: Virginia, 1790

Greetings:
I'm hoping you might be able to kindly point me in the right direction.

I'm conducting research for a play I'm writing.  I'm looking for information
on dialect and language use for a lower class farmer living in Virginia,
circa 1790. He is a second generation American.

I've done some internet research, but have come up empty handed. Perhaps
there are web sites you know of that I may have missed, or publications I
may be able to locate in a nearby college university library.

Thank you for any assistance.

Regards,

Maggie Patton