Wet Fries

Philip Trauring philip at CS.BRANDEIS.EDU
Fri Aug 2 18:54:50 UTC 2002

These aren't so old, but I find additional printed citations are always useful:

Kathy Casey, HOT POTATO // Whether shredded, mashed, baked or
roasted, potatoes are all the rage in restaurants. Home cooks needn't
be left out.. , Minneapolis Star Tribune, 01-17-1996, pp 01T.:

"The English style is to sprinkle malt vinegar over the "chips." Then
there's something called Wet Fries - a big platter of fries smothered
in gravy, preferably turkey, or ladled with Cheddar cheese sauce."

Buzz Diner. , The Dallas Morning News, 05-16-1997, pp 4J.:

"Hmmm. What goes with a burger? Buzz's Wet Fries ($2.25) seemed like
the thing. The big steak fries were meaty and nicely fried but the
wet part, a brown gravy - well, there was a lotta onion in it."

Philip Trauring