Hamantash vs. Latkes (was Dreidle & Latkes (1916))

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Wed Aug 7 01:54:00 UTC 2002

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 09:00:07PM -0400, Mark A Mandel wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, Laurence Horn wrote:
>
> #>Each year at U of C there are the hamantaschen/latke debates.
>
> Is that C for California or Chicago? The late, much-missed Jim McCawley
> ran something of the sort in Chicago, and wrote a hilarious paper on
> them.

Chicago! We're trying to ignore our theoretical training and take
over the lexicographical world.

Chicago is always called "U of C". Isn't Cal called "Cal" or
"Berkeley" or "UCLA" or something?

Jesse "'89" Sheidlower