the list

Lynne Murphy lynnem at COGS.SUSX.AC.UK
Wed Aug 14 16:13:43 UTC 2002

--On Wednesday, August 14, 2002 11:56 am -0400 Beverly Flanigan
<flanigan at OHIOU.EDU> wrote:

> We've talked several times over the past how many years about closing the
> list to ADS members only.  I think it's time to revisit that discussion.
> I know of several ADS members who in fact have dropped the list because of
> "specious crap," not to mention excessive personal handwringing.

Well, a positive effect of that might be that more people would be
encouraged to pay dues to the ADS.  (I've let it slide, since I've had to
start joining UK associations as well.  I'd certainly think about
re-prioritising my membership budget if I thought I might be kicked off
this list!)

Lynne

Dr M Lynne Murphy
Lecturer in Linguistics
Acting Director, MA Applied Linguistics

University of Sussex
Falmer
Brighton BN1 9QH
>>From UK:  (01273) 678844  fax: (01273) 671320
Outside UK: +44-1273-678844  fax: +44-1273-671320