KLEZ - antedate virus, worm and infect vis-a-vis computers?

Philip Trauring philip at CS.BRANDEIS.EDU
Tue Aug 20 16:10:17 UTC 2002

No, Macs are not effected by these types of viruses. You can receive
the e-mails, of course, but they can't do anything to your computer.
Just delete the e-mails.

The virus uses Microsoft Outlook's built-in scripting capabilities to
access the user's address book and send out e-mails to people. It can
do other things as well, like check your ICQ database if you use ICQ.
Details are online at:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.h@mm.html

There is info on the virus and instructions for removing the virus
from your system if you have it.

Just to keep things on topic, what's the first known usages of the
words virus, worm and infect in relation to computers?

Philip Trauring