inquiry

Lesa Dill lesa.dill at WKU.EDU
Tue Aug 20 17:20:16 UTC 2002

The contraction explanation sounds correct.  I, being a Tennessee
country sort who grew up in Western Tennessee with a group of story-
telling oldtimers, thought perhaps it was an example of the common
process of collapsing two word similar in sound both of which would
work in the context and make sense.  In this case--"need" and "mean."
No proof--just a speculation.