"All I know is what I read in the papers" (1915, 1923)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Aug 22 04:56:06 UTC 2002

   "All I know is what I read in the papers" is a famous line by Will Rogers.  He used this line in several stories for the NEW YORK TIMES.
   The first Rogers hit is 30 September 1923, pg. SM2:  "Well, all I know is what I read in the Papers."
   However, "All I know is what I read in the papers" is also on 7 November 1915, pg. 4.

THE WHOLE ENCHILADA:  Said by Herbert W. Kalmbach to John Ehrlichman, in 18 July 1973, pg. 22.  There's a hit for a BONNIE & CLYDE ad in 1967, but I can't find that line easily.