Erin McKean makes NY Times; I don't

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Aug 24 04:56:33 UTC 2002

   Erin McKean's "Neologizing 101" is in the New York Times Magazine, taking
William Safire's place this Sunday.  Check it out.
   THE BANANA SCULPTOR, THE PURPLE LADY, AND THE ALL-NIGHT SWIMMER, a book
that's been out for about five months now, is finally reviewed in this
Sunday's New York Times Book Review.  In most all of the reviews of the book,
I've been mentioned.  Certainly, the local people profiled in the book have
been mentioned by their local newspapers.  About a dozen people were
mentioned in this review, including the all-important Midwestern marble lady.
   Conspicuously absent from the review is any mention of the guy who solved
"the Big Apple" and "the Great White Way" in the New York Public Library.
Me.
   Oh well, at least our Erin made the New York Times...