Audrey Munson Incident (off topic)

Gerald Cohen gcohen at UMR.EDU
Sun Aug 25 15:10:36 UTC 2002

At 12:21 PM -0400 8/24/02, Bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:
>     Maybe the Book Review still remembers the Audrey Munson incident (when it
>praised a book that was total plagiarism of my work, and prevented me from
>writing in?).

    For anyone interested in NYC sculptures, I've documented this incident:
Gerald Cohen: "Audrey Munson (d. 1996) as the Model for Many NYC
Sculptures--Barry Popik Claims Credit for Rediscovering her
Importance," _Comments on Etymology_, Feb. 2000, vol. 29 no. 5, pp.
24-27.

    As far as I can tell, Barry is fully justified in claiming credit
for rediscovering her importance.

Gerald Cohen