Cloud Eight & Cloud Nine

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Aug 26 01:04:54 UTC 2002

   We'll take another look at clouds.  I really don't know clouds at all.

   26 October 1930, NEW YORK TIMES, pg. XX6 headline:
   The flying cloud is now an eight.

   9 August 1931, NEW YORK TIMES, pg. 106 headline:
   The news from Detroit: REO's new flying cloud eight.

   27 May 1950, NEWYORK TIMES, pg. 20:
   ..."Cloud Nine," a local Chicago program which will make its network debut at 8 p.m. on July 7.

   7 July 1950, NEW YORK TIMES, pg. 40:
   ...8-8:30--"Cloud Nine": Musical fantasy, with Elaine Rogers, Lon Saxon, Songs; Frank Smith Orchestra--WCBS (Premiere).

   27 January 1954, NEW YORK TIMES, pg. 23 headline:
   George Ross Set to Acquire Production Rights Today to "Cloud Number Nine."