Wall Street maxims/proverbs/phrases revisited

Fred Shapiro fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Wed Aug 28 12:09:35 UTC 2002

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 Bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:

>    Full text of the WALL STREET JOURNAL doesn't seem to be available yet, but
> I'll do a much more thorough job when it is.  That's what I've been waiting
> for.  The NEW YORK TIMES doesn't have a lot of this stuff.

The full text of the Wall Street Journal is available through ProQuest
Historical Newspapers; the Washington Post is also available or soon will
be.  Unfortunately, however, ProQuest's prices are so expensive that few
libraries will get the N.Y. Times component and very, very few will get
the other papers, unless ProQuest sees the light and comes up with a new
pricing model.

Fred Shapiro

Associate Librarian for Public Services     YALE DICTIONARY OF QUOTATIONS
  and Lecturer in Legal Research            Yale University Press,