Qualifiable favorite?

Fritz Juengling Friolly at AOL.COM
Thu Aug 29 16:04:25 UTC 2002

For me, that poses no problem.  I have had the same thought as you, but the
'qualifiable-ness' of favorite is handy.  What do you say in such a
situation: there are 4 pies sitting on the table and you are offered some.
You like them in this order: Apple (of course), blackberry , blueberry,
strawberry (you do NOT dislike strawberry; it just comes in last).  How would
you express that strawberry comes in last, i.e. is your 'least favorite'?  I
think you can see that 'least favorite' is a handy construction.
Fritz