Obsolete term: touch typing

Wed Dec 4 11:55:18 UTC 2002

I too am digitally challenged in the typing world (although I note an
occasional semiconscious activation of the digit "4" - right hand
only - for the "right arrow" key, seldom paralleled by "4" on the
left hand for "Tab," Caps Lock," and "Shift" which would seem
reasonable), and I am also of arnold's generation, with even slightly
greater length to my tooth, but arnold did give a "pretty" hedge to
his "old."

dInIs

allan metcalf asks:
  >Maybe there are no two-fingered typists left, to contrast "touch
  >typing" with?

not entirely true.  i am such a two-fingered typist.  but then i'm
pretty old.

where and when do people learn touch-typing these days?  it does
seem to be pretty much universal among college kids in the u.s.
or at least the ones i see.

arnold (zwicky at csli.stanford.edu)

--
Dennis R. Preston