Which and Falaqa

Wed Dec 4 14:28:27 UTC 2002

Why the affectation of "wh" in "who," "why," "which," whether,"
etc...? Why the affectation of "oe" in Goethe? Are all spellings
which do not phonemically represent English (leaving the question
which English aside since Michigan English is obviously to be
preferred) pronunciations affectations?

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston