Not-quite-homophonic errors

Paul McFedries mailinglists at LOGOPHILIA.COM
Mon Dec 9 12:18:05 UTC 2002

Is there an official name for the type of verbal error where a person
substitutes a nearly homophonic word for the correct word, such as a person
writing "eminent" when they mean "imminent"?



More information about the Ads-l mailing list