Not-quite homographs

sagehen sagehen at WESTELCOM.COM
Fri Dec 13 16:54:23 UTC 2002

Larry's use of " deprecating" reminds me of a form of common confusion that
seems to have moved from the page to speech, for example: the substitution
of "deprecatory" for "depreciatory,"  especially in the expression
Is there a technical term for this sort of confusion?  Malapropism doesn't
seem to cover  it.
A. Murie

More information about the Ads-l mailing list