WOTY Nomination: Smokemouth

Rudolph C Troike rtroike at U.ARIZONA.EDU
Sat Dec 21 09:30:13 UTC 2002

Allan,

        Glad to hear that you are picking up WOTY nominations from the
list, as I never got around to sending mine to Wayne. I suggested this one
some months ago, but don't know whether you collected it in your list of
nominations. The word gained some prominence in the West when wildfires
were raging this summer, but like early-year movies that don't make it to
the Oscar nominations, terms like this are forgotten as quickly as the
fires fade from the front page/TV news. It refers to a condition suffered
by firefighters battling the blazes. I haven't checked it out on Google or
elsewhere.

        Rudy